Statistics I: Basic Statistics, Umeå
The objective of the course is to give an introduction to
basic probability theory and statistical inference.
On completion of the course, the student will be able to:
- use basic probability concepts and statistical
- formulate a problem in statistical terms
- describe common statistical methods including
conditions and assumptions
- apply basic statistical methods in scientific
- select an appropriate statistical method for a
- carry out a basic statistical analysis
- interpret and evaluate results correctly and draw
- clearly and concisely communicate results and
- use statistical software for analysis
Admitted to a Ph.D. program at SLU.
If you are not a Ph.D. student or not at SLU, contact
Magnus.Ekstrom@slu.se to check the availability of
places in the course.