Statistics IV: Generalized linear models, Umeå (4 ECTS)
The objective of the course is to give an overview of generalized
On completion of the course, the student will be able to:
The course will cover the following topics:
- specify generalized linear models including conditions and
- select an appropriate linear model for a given problem;
- carry out an analysis based on a generalized linear model in the
statistical software R;
- interpret and evaluate results correctly and draw reasonable
- clearly and concisely communicate results and conclusions.
To Canvas >>
- Binomial and multinomial logistic regression;
- Poisson regression;
- Overdispersion and zero-inflation;
- Generalized linear models and generalized linear mixed models.
Statistics III: Regression Analysis or equivalent.
Admitted to a Ph.D. program at SLU.
If you are not a Ph.D. student or not at SLU, contact
Svetlana.Saarela@slu.se to check the availability of
places in the course.