Statistics II: Experimental Design and ANOVA, Uppsala
The objective of the course is to give an overview of the basic
principles behind design and analysis of factorial experiments.
On completion of the course, the student will be able to:
To Course syllabus >>
- describe basic principles in experimental design and specify
analysis of variance (ANOVA) models including conditions and
- select an appropriate ANOVA model for a given experimental design;
- carry out ANOVA using the statistical software R;
- interpret and evaluate results correctly and draw reasonable
- clearly and concisely communicate results and conclusions.
Statistics I or equivalent. Furthermore, you are expected to have acquired basic knowledge of R before the course starts, such as how to read a dataset into the program, and how to make simple computations.
Admitted to a Ph.D. program at SLU.
If you are not a Ph.D. student or not at SLU, contact
firstname.lastname@example.org to check the availability of
places in the course.